Ashtanga Yoga & Surf Retreat
With Kimberly Dahlmann
March 3rd-9th 2019
Kimberly has been leading retreats and combining her love for travel and Ashtanga Yoga for over 15. After years of traveling all over the world to study yoga, she wanted to share with students the opportunity to immerse themselves in yoga, nature, community and adventure. The best part of leading a retreat for her is the balance between dedicated practice, adventure, relaxation and healing. Take a break next winter to nurture your spirit and play along like minded yogis at the Sansara Resort.
- Six (6) nights, 7 days lodging at Sansara Surf and Yoga Ocean Front Resort in Cambutal, Panama
- Luxury Van Transportation to and from Panama City (from a designated hotel location) to Sansara, Cambutal
- Three (3) healthy balanced meals each day; with local produce and fresh seafood – includes arrival day dinner and departure day breakfast. Breakfast & lunch is to order and dinner is a sit down family style or 3 course meal.
- Sample Menu Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy and Gluten Free available.
- Two (2) yoga practices a day overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
- Fresh fruit, local fair-trade coffee, tea and filter-water available daily.
- One (1) Intro to Surf Lesson
- One (1) Guided hike/waterfall tour
- Complimentary use of SUP boards, kayaks, snorkel gear, and bikes for exploring the area
- Beach bonfire (weather permitting)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding and towels
- Cool off in the stunning open-air saltwater pool overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean (beach towels provided)
- Organic bathroom product
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Airfare to Panama City – Tocumen International Airport (PTY)
Flights are direct from BOS ($350-600)
Arriving Saturday, March 2nd and Departing no earlier than 5pm March 9th
- Overnight accommodations in Panama City on Saturday, March 2nd and if necessary on Saturday, March 9th. A list of hotels will be provided once registered. Hotels range from $100-200 with breakfast included. If you would like to share a room, please let me know upon registration.
- Surf packages designed to take your surfing to the next level.
- Excursions (boat trips, horseback riding, waterfall adventures, fishing etc)
- Alcohol- Enjoy hand crafted cocktails, designed to inspire the tropics each carefully made using only the freshest hand-pressed juices, house-made bitter and local rums and spirits. They also have a selection of Local Mirco-Brew beer and Kambutcha on tap!
- Travel insurance (recommended)
Enjoy pure luxury in one of the eleven private oceanfront cabanas that have incredible tropical hardwood furniture and original art that has been locally sourced and made. Designed to inspire serenity, the zen-like atmosphere of Sansara blends seamlessly with the lush nature and quiet beauty of the property’s grounds. Featuring extraordinary views of tropical gardens, each cabana has its own private patio which is steps away from the Pacific Ocean’s warm waters.
Each room includes air conditioning, ceiling fans, mini fridge, free wi-fi, safe for your valuables, daily housekeeping, organic bath products, and organic hypo allergenic linens.
ACTIVITIES & DAILY SCHEDULE
- Morning meditation, pranayama, and led or mysore style Ashtanga Yoga at the oceanfront Yoga Shala.
- Delicious and Healthy Breakfast is served from 7-10 am. Maybe some avocado toast or chai oatmeal.
- Afternoons are free to rest by the salt water pool, have a spa treatment, or explore with one of Sansara's many adventures. Complimentary SUP's, kayaks, snorkeling gear, bikes and one on land surf lesson is included. Other excursions of hiking, fishing, horseback riding, catamaran and estuary tours can be organized.
- Surf board rentals and packages are available. This is a wonderful time to take your surfing to the next level. Please inquire upon registration.
- Lunch is served from 12-2. Poke bowl or tacos anyone?
- Sunset Yoga session; restorative yoga, yin yoga, alignment based movement research, yoga sutras, chanting, and different forms of deep relaxation including Yoga Nidra.
- Dinner is served. Enjoy a farm to table experience with only the best locally sourced ingredients. Time to relax and enjoy the community.
The week’s yoga practice is suitable for beginners to all levels of yogis. This will be a week all about enjoying nature and being outdoors while taking some much-needed time for rest, reflection, healing, and transformation. A week to disconnect from the stress of everyday life and reconnect to what makes your mind, body, and soul sing.
$1895 Triple Occupancy
$1795 Quad Occupancy
$2195 Double Occupancy
$2495 Double Occupancy Suites
$3295 Single Occupancy
Space is limited. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot and secure your desired accommodation. The balance is due 120 days prior to trip start date.
Email Kimberly for more details.
Where the mountains meet the sea, located at the southernmost point of Panama in the Azuro Peninsula, Cambutal is a small village in the province of Los Santos, and is approximately five hours away from the country’s capital, Panama City. This quiet and nearly untouched area of Panama, provides the perfect backdrop for a relaxing retreat experience.
Boasting beautiful and dramatic tidal changes, stunning mountainsides, an abundance of tropical vegetation, endless wild birds and monkeys swinging through the treetops, Cambutal is an ideal place to unwind and escape this winter. Sansara is in the beach community of Cambutal. There are minimal shops on the beach, which is part of the appeal.
However, there are local corner stores, restaurants, and a coffee shop nearby. The closest neighboring town, 20-minute drive away, Tonosi, is where you can find an ATM, bigger grocery store, and a few clothing shops.
Passport Requirements + Immunizations
You must have a valid passport to travel to Panama. Please check your passport expiration date and make sure it is valid for at least 3 months after the end date of your retreat.
No immunizations are required for visiting Panama, however check with the CDC for recommendations. See more info here.
All deposits are non-refundable and full payments are non-refundable within 120 days of the retreat unless your space can be filled. The purchase of travel insurance is highly recommended for this trip, which will protect you against potential trip delays or cancellations due to airline issues, family emergencies, illness, injury, etc. We recommend checking out www.insuremytrip.com for more info.